What: FBA Club Baseball, Spring 2016
Signup deadline: Feb 11 - need to turn in FBA Club Baseball Registration Form with hat size and fee by this date.
When: 10 sessions (March 14,16,21,23,30 April 6,11,13,18,20, 3:15-4:45pm at Leininger Field-behind FBA; plus added dates for bad weather/rain cancellations)
Cost: 1/2 Athletic Fee ($50), includes at least 10 practice sessions and an FBA hat.
Mission: Our mission is to provide competitive baseball experiences for FBA boys 5th-12th grade. This program will provide the players an experience that promotes sportsmanship, instruction, teamwork, respect for, and enjoyment of the game of baseball. This program will also help build the foundation for future baseball programs here at FBA.
Do I need forms and a physical?
Yes, all the forms you need are located at FBAofallon.org under Athletics, News and Forms. Players must have had a 70% or better in Quarter 3 (ends March 11) to participate.
What is the difference between Club Baseball and a typical baseball program?
Club Baseball is a precursor to future baseball programs, and will lead into to a baseball program where 6-8th graders play at the beginning of the school year, and high school boys play in the spring. In Club Baseball, we will not have official games, and practice much less than a typical program. There will be scrimmages and game simulations, when possible. We will work on fundamentals and build skills.
What if Club Baseball interferes with other sports my child is playing? Can they do both?
YES- However, if there is a conflict in dates, FBA track/play/etc takes precedence over Club Baseball. *Attendance for Club Baseball is not required*
I encourage your son to also sign up for summer baseball (select or park league), even if it may interfere with Club Baseball, and we will help prepare him for that season.
Why is there a deadline?
In order to design and purchase hats in time for your son, they need to be ordered well ahead of time. If you miss this deadline, we can add you, but may not get an FBA baseball hat. It also allows enough time for planning, etc.
Why is a transportation form needed?
It is there just in case we decide to go to the cages, another field, or can find a scrimmage game.
Hats and sizes:
XS-SM (6 5/8 – 7)
SM-MD (7 – 7 1/4)
LG-XL (7 3/8 - 7 5/8)
General Regulations for Club Baseball- FBA
1. Always have your proper equipment and attire- at minimum a glove, hat, jacket, and long pants or shorts at all times, no jeans.
2. Always let your coach know if you are sick or will miss practice at school. (This is your responsibility.)
3. Report to practice on time (3:15 p.m.). Parents need to pick up students promptly at 4:45.
4. Report to practice with a jacket or heavy sweatshirt, especially when it is cold. Your arm is very important.
5. You are responsible for all of your own gear (put your name on all your gear).
6. When on the field, run everywhere you go.
7. Don’t sulk – see the coach if you have a complaint or problem.
8. Don’t ever argue with a teammate.
9. No throwing of a bat or helmet.
10. Always practice good manners and be respectful to teachers, coaches and fellow students.
11. No wearing of jewelry during practice or games.
12. Remember, at all times, you are a representative of FBA, your coach, and your family.
History of FBA Baseball:
In the Spring of 2012, we began our program with "Club Baseball." With a good turnout of players, we decided to start a competitive baseball program at FBA. In the summer and fall of 2012, we practiced in the field (shown below) and played only away games. Then in 2013, through the auction, FBCO, and through a generous donation by the Whitey Herzog Foundation, we built Leininger Field. We are now hosting and competing with middle school programs in the Metro-East and beyond. All middle school boys 6th-8th are invited to participate in baseball, which runs August-September. We hope to begin high school baseball soon, and they will play in the spring. For more information, email Coach Munton at email@example.com.